Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011

Iryna and I decided to go out and play with bubbles... again. We had a lot of fun!


Notice the necklaces. In the Masai culture, the more necklaces a woman has, the more desirable she is. If she is unmarried, like the girl in the picture, she only wears red beads. We learned that before a girl is married, she is given red necklaces by all the men that want to court her. Thus, the more necklaces, the more desirable, and this girl was pretty well liked!

1 comment:

  1. Okay.. I absolutely adore the top picture... The colors are beautiful! And that yellow eyeshadow actually looks great on Iryna! Goodness! I'm gonna have to try some bubble fun soon after seeing that photo!

    Wow, you're right. She must be a hot item! Sarah, I have to ask.. How many necklaces do you think I'd be worth? ;)

    ReplyDelete