Sunday, January 30, 2011

So today, instead of posting a picture of the day although I did take one, I thought I would make this a "remember you missionaries" day. I would encourage you to earnestly pray for the people on the mission field, and if you haven't talked to them in a while, send them a note of encouragement. I can't tell you how much it means to receive a note. These people here in these pictures are our good friends the Sheppards. Mr. and Mrs. Sheppard have faithfully served the Liberian people for over 20 years. They are an amazing example of what true willingness is. Mrs. Sheppard has written a wonderful book on their experiences as missionaries to the Liberian people. Here is a link to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Transformed-Heart-Nancy-Sheppard/dp/1453830073/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296445670&sr=8-1-catcorr

(copy and paste all links into the URL box)

I would encourage you to buy this. It is a very convicting and thought provoking book and definitely worth your time.


My good friend Heidi and Jonah, the little boy the Sheppards are hoping to adopt once the moratorium on adoptions is (hopefully) lifted. And by the way. Heidi is one of the most talented photographers I know. Here is a link to her blog: http://theunperceived.wordpress.com/


Joe and his good friend Jared


A Liberian woman and her child.

No comments:

Post a Comment